Please see FAQs for 2020 UNC CAUSE Attendees and Presenters.
- What is the format for UNC CAUSE this year?
- How do I see the full schedule and access conference sessions?
- Who is the Keynote Speaker this year?
- What apps do I need for the conference?
- I will miss the in-person networking at UNC CAUSE. How can I connect with colleagues this year?
- What is a SIG?
- What is an Unconference session?
- Will the sessions be captioned?
- Will the sessions be recorded, and how can I access them?
- Which vendors are sponsoring 2020 UNC CAUSE?
- Is UNC CAUSE on social media?
- I still need assistance. Where do I get help?
What is the format for UNC CAUSE this year?
In lieu of our usual 3-day, in-person event, UNC CAUSE will be held virtually this year over a 3-week period from October 6th until October 22nd. All sessions will be held over Zoom. This is the set schedule on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of each week (times listed in EDT):
- Attendee Presentations @ 10AM & 2PM
- Special Interest Group Sessions @ 11AM & 1PM
- Vendor Presentations @ 1PM
- Unconference Open Slots @ 3PM
- Social Happy Hour on Slack @ 4PM
How do I see the full schedule and access conference sessions?
Conference registration is required, and you must register for EACH Zoom session you wish to attend. Full session details are limited to conference registrants to securely share Zoom links. All of these steps must be completed to join any conference session:
- Register for 2020 UNC CAUSE
- Wait to receive the Sched invitation (sent by 12PM ET the next weekday)
- Sign up/log into your Sched account on the UNC CAUSE Schedule (must match email used to register for 2020 UNC CAUSE)
- Select a session on the Schedule and click the yellow “Video Stream” button
- Register for the Zoom session and receive details via email
Registered late? We’ll continue to add registrants to Sched throughout the conference.
Who is the Keynote Speaker this year?
Dr. Natalie Nixon will give the Keynote Address on Innovation IQ: How to Master the 3 Drivers to Stay Out Front and Lead. You must register for the conference by Monday, October 5th, to guarantee access to the keynote.
What apps do I need for the conference?
We will use these apps for 2020 UNC CAUSE:
- Sched: A Sched account is required to view full schedule details to register for a Zoom session. You must register for the conference to be invited to the Sched conference event. You can add sessions that interest you to your own Sched account and access the Zoom session details.
(New conference registrants are being added to Sched within 24 hours)
- Zoom: All conference sessions will be held over Zoom. Download the Zoom client before your first session.
- Slack: Connect with UNC CAUSE attendees through conversations on Slack! Browse the multiple Slack channels and join Social Happy Hour 4-5PM ET each conference day on the #2020-conference Slack channel. We’ll post fun topics, chat, and connect with each other!
I will miss the in-person networking at UNC CAUSE. How can I connect with colleagues this year?
We will miss seeing everyone in person this year too, but don’t worry! There are multiple ways to connect with IT colleagues across the UNC System for UNC CAUSE this year.
- Update your Sched profile and find other conference attendees.
- Join the conversations on Slack channels!
- Join Social Happy Hour from 4-5PM ET each conference day on the #2020-conference Slack channel, where we’ll post fun topics and connect!
- Suggest a topic and join an Unconference session! They will be held 3-4PM ET each conference day. Continue to check the Schedule as Unconference topics are posted.
- Join SIGs that interest you! SIGs will meet at 11AM or 1PM ET on conference days (check the Schedule).
- New! Join us for an informal game night on Wednesday 10/21 from 7-11PM ET! Connect with fellow gamers on the UNC CAUSE Social hangout on Discord!
What is a SIG?
SIG is short for Special Interest Groups. These groups are comprised of individuals from UNC CAUSE member institutions that share a common interest around a topic or technology that is prevalent across institutions. See UNC CAUSE SIGs. SIGs will meet at 11AM or 1PM ET during the conference (check the Schedule).
What is an Unconference session?
An Unconference is a participant-driven meeting. There is no set presentation, and Unconference attendees are welcome to talk freely about the suggested topic (proposed by participants).
2020 UNC CAUSE Unconference sessions will be held from 3-4pm ET each conference day. Conference registrants are encouraged to submit proposed topics on the Unconference Request Form, and topics will be added to the schedule on a first come, first serve basis.
Will the sessions be captioned?
Yes, all sessions will have automated live captions. To have the Otter.ai captions window open from your Zoom session:
- Click on the “LIVE: on Custom Live Streaming Service” drop-down menu
- Select “View Stream on Custom Live Streaming Service”
Will the sessions be recorded, and how can I access them?
Recordings have been added to the first two weeks of sessions! The third week’s sessions will be available after the conference concludes (Oct. 22, 2020). Conference registration is required to access recordings. To view a recording:
- Sign in to Sched
- Select a session
- Click the “Video Stream” button to open the recording in your browser
Due to the nature of some sessions, only Attendee presentations (10AM & 2PM ET sessions) are recorded. Transcripts will be available by the end of October.
Which vendors are sponsoring 2020 UNC CAUSE?
Thank you to our sponsors this year! Please check the Schedule to join each vendor’s presentation.
- Amazon Web Services
- Data Network Solutions
- Internetwork Engineering
Is UNC CAUSE on social media?
Yes! Follow us on Twitter and Facebook. 2020 UNC CAUSE hashtag: #UNCCAUSE2020
I still need assistance. Where do I get help?
Please reach out to us via the Contact Us page or email us at email@example.com.
Where can I download the session slides template?
Download the presenter session slides template here.
Is there a Slack channel for presenters?
Yes! Join the 2020-speakers channel.